It depends on CM how a brand looks in the eyes of the audience. That's why excellent communication skills are most important. Among them:
- The ability to make and keep acquaintances;
- The ability to remain calm even in the harshest of situations and not to give in to provocations;
- Tenacity and stress-resistance to find common ground with any, even the most aggressive or unpleasant, users;
- Empathy and an understanding of human psychology;
- Sense of humor. It's crucial!
The community manager should also use the company's products or services and understand its qualities and characteristics. Without this, it's hard to understand the specifics of the brand and its audience. You have to be constantly online to come to the aid at any moment. It's particularly relevant in the gaming industry: people can play at any time!
Some employers pay attention to whether or not CM has its social media audience and how big it is. However, there's a double-edged sword here. A famous but inexperienced person may start doing PR, not for the brand but for himself.